SHIPPED

Add Lexicon API to SDKs

• 26 March 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I would like to periodically programmatically update event and property definitions in Lexicon, using our company-internal event schema as a data source. I had some success in driving the UI using jQuery, but it is going to be fragile in the face of future changes to the UI, and required some manual steps. It would be great if we could write a script against the API which we could run each time we release a new version of our internal schema.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@kevinhobbs - Thank you for sharing this feedback! We filed a product gap on your behalf with our Engineering and Product Development team. Make sure you are following this Idea - via the button in the upper right hand corner - to get emailed updates on its progress.

Badge

@kevinhobbs Can you share how you achieved this? I'm mostly looking to save an inventory of all the entities in the lexicon and their metadata for version control purposes. Any tips on scraping the UI would be appreciated. :-)

Just to close the loop on this one, we now have an API for keeping your internal event schemas in sync with Mixpanel: https://developer.mixpanel.com/reference/schemas-api-overview