Solved

Integration issue

• 15 January 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

We're trying to integrate Mixpanel in our customer dashboard.

On Chrome track events are not being sent. I'm checking the network console and nothing is getting sent. Only interaction I can see with Mixpanel is the decide request that is getting fulfilled. After that nothing, plus looking at the callback on the track event the only thing that has is "0" no explanation.

For my surprise, on Safari this same code works perfect.

I don't know if this is a know issue or if we're doing something wrong

icon

Best answer by niconistal 16 January 2019, 20:25

Thanks everyone. I found the problem. I had "Do not track" enabled on chrome. I went into settings and disabled it and now is working.

View original

6 replies

Badge

I'm having this same problem with Chrome.

If I enter:

mixpanel.track('Test Event')

I don't see any network activity in the browser nor do I see events show up in MixPanel.

I emailed support but haven't heard anything back yet. Glad to see it's not only me.

Edit: Since I couldn't see any events, I went and gave Amplitude a try. Worked right away out of the box - so unless I hear something from Mixpanel, I'll probably just end up switching over there.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I ran into the same issue last week, but I turned off my ad blocker and everything was quickly up and running again. I would give that a try @niconistal and @BlueDolphin.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks everyone. I found the problem. I had "Do not track" enabled on chrome. I went into settings and disabled it and now is working.

Badge

Wow, thanks for posting - I have that on too.

That's concerning as it looks like a default for Chrome - I don't see a lot of my users wanting to turn that off.

MixPanel must be respecting the 'do not track' setting which explains why I have a lot of gaps in my analytics these days. Anyone know how to disable this in MixPanel?

Mixpanel support just got back to me as well - so I"ll follow up with them.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I know, I checked the browser of a couple coworkers and it looks like I was the only one with do not track enabled.

Let me know what solution Mixpanel tells you

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge

@niconistal and @BlueDolphin

I found this as well, looks like you can track important events server side if you find adblockers are messing with the client

https://help.mixpanel.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004499463-Ad-Blockers-Affect-Mixpanel