Solved

Persistent Data on Unity WebGL Platform

• 18 September 2020
  • 1 reply

After some tinkering and experimentation I have discovered that the WebGL platform is presenting a value of 0 bytes read to the function: `PersistentQueue.ReadEntriesFromFile`.  Has anybody used Mixpanel and Unity WebGL together here?  I am under the impression that WebGL forbids classic file I/O.  Are there workarounds available?  Or have I missed a vital piece of documentation?

Your help and time is always appreciated.  Thank you

icon

Best answer by cherise 21 October 2020, 02:23

@bgraban —

I’ve looked into this and highlighted it with our engineering team, but I wasn’t able to get the full picture of what is going on. Were you able to resolve this on your end?

What SDK are you using with WebGL?

WebGL is supported by our Unity SDK, which is written in C++, but it may cause issues in browsers. You can also use Mixpanel within your app— the WebGL build option allows Unity to publish content as JavaScript, and we have a JavaScript library that can be use instead of the Unity SDK.

In case it applies to the issues you are seeing—have you seen this thread?

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@bgraban —

I’ve looked into this and highlighted it with our engineering team, but I wasn’t able to get the full picture of what is going on. Were you able to resolve this on your end?

What SDK are you using with WebGL?

WebGL is supported by our Unity SDK, which is written in C++, but it may cause issues in browsers. You can also use Mixpanel within your app— the WebGL build option allows Unity to publish content as JavaScript, and we have a JavaScript library that can be use instead of the Unity SDK.

In case it applies to the issues you are seeing—have you seen this thread?

Mixpanel