Question

How can we calculate average time spent on a particular page by a user

• 16 September 2020
  • 7 replies

I have an application where I am tracking the page view event...I am able to get the number of time the user visits the page but I also want to know how much time he/she spent on that page...

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@komalj —

In order to build a report to show. you the time a user has spent on a page, you can use our session event. The default duration is 30 minutes, but you can adjust the time as shown here. 

There is a great example of how to build this event in this community post

Let me know if that points you in the right direction!

Hi @cherise - I looked at that community post and do not see the answer to the question.

This article is similar, but the answer doesn’t fully make sense: 

We want to track the average time users spend on a particular page in our app. It seems so simple, but I’m having trouble creating the report or finding the answer. Thank you for your help in advance!

@cherise here are two examples of how I tried to simply capture the average time users are spending on a particular page, but neither seem right

This seems like a pretty basic requirement - is there an official answer as how to achieve this?

@Crawfish  nope not yet… @cherise can you please advise?

This seems like a pretty basic requirement - is there an official answer as how to achieve this?

Also very much interested in the best approach 

@cherise can you please help us out? Thanks

Mixpanel