According to the documentation, Mixpanel allows se...
# questions
a
According to the documentation, Mixpanel allows sending data as Lists. In the example, the array of products is a plain array (without nested arrays). But let's think of this situation. Let's say I want to send a page view event in which I send a custom property (list with nested arrays) with active components upon page load so I can measure component usage. Below it's an example of the data structure I'm sending:
Copy code
// Page view event on the home page
components: [
    {name: "component1",version: 2022111501},
    {name: "component2",version: 2022010204}
]

// Page view event on another page
components: [
    {name: "component1",version: 2022111501},
    {name: "component3",version: 2020010203}
]
As seen above, these components may have different versions, and also the number of components may vary across different pages. I'd like to be able to filter page-view events with specific active components or get page-view events only from components from 2020 to 2021 (based on a version range), but... Mixpanel is not recognizing the name and version of this data structure as properties that I can use to create these filters. Instead, it seems that each of the nested arrays is being recognized as text (ss in the thread) and I can't breakdown by name or version. Since a component may have more than one version and one version may have different components a lookup table seems not to be an option here. Could you please shed some light on this and share a resource or guidance on how I could accomplish this? Thanks for your help!