Hello everyone. A bit of a convoluted question, ...
# questions
a
Hello everyone. A bit of a convoluted question, so bear with me. I have built a dashboard for each of my merchant partners. I have a set of distinct insights that go on each dashboard. The dashboards then each have a board level filter for the specific merchant implementation AND a time period tied to when that merchant went live. So, e.g., Acme Inc only shows where their deployment is called AND starting 1/18/2024 (their go live date). One of my insights is a "total sessions" in the last 7 days, 14 days, 30 days and 60 days. So I had made custom events for total sessions filtered by "last 7 days", "last 14 days", etc., and put the 4 events on a single "metrics" insight, showing the 4 numbers. I wanted to add a % change to that insight, but there is no way to add the "compare" in a way that made sense since each of the custom events has a different time period (and even if I could, you can't do a comparison of "last 14 days" either, only "prior week", "prior month", etc.) So I tried a different approach. I created separate insights for the 7 days, 14 days, etc. with the event being the "total sessions" on Session Start and then each insight has an event filter for the 7/14/30/60 days. And then said to "compare to the prior week" or month or whatever. The issue, however, is that when you get to the board, the overall Board filter for the time period is interfering and preventing the % change from working. Has anyone come up with a good approach for handling conflicts between event time periods and board time periods? Or creating a standard set of boards that can be easily segmented for each board's applicable time period?