COMPLETED

When unchecking items on the pie chart, they should be removed from the overall count

• 13 February 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge

I noticed this inconsistency in the insights tab. It would be super cool if the pie chart acted more like the other line chart where if an action is unchecked, it's removed from the overall count.

Right now unchecked items show up as other. Since we have a few actions that make up the majority of our events, it would be cool to see more detail on our less common actions — without having to squint at the screen 🙂

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@corinn Thank you for sharing this detailed feedback! We filed a product gap on your behalf with our Engineering and Product Development team. Make sure you are following this Idea - via the button in the upper right hand corner - to get emailed updates on its progress.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@corinn you can now deselect other on the legend section of Insights to exclude them from showing up on the pie chart count!

Badge

Thanks for the updated @stephanie_MixpanelTeam. Is it possible to save this unticked chart as a new insight and then save it to a dashboard.?

I'm trying to do what Corinn mentioned, but then an extra step of adding it to a Dashboard.

This would allow a lot more flexibility for different charts being added to dashboards on the fly.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @DavidH,

Thanks for reaching out! You can Filter out event properties, user properties, or cohort on your report, save the report, and add it to your Dashboard. This can help save time with having to select or deselect on the Legend section of Insights.

However, if you would like to Filter out the Other property, unfortunately at this time this is something you cannot do. If this something you are running into, I am more than happy to log a separate product gap for your behalf as well. Please drop a comment and I can go ahead and log it for you!

Badge

@stephanie_MixpanelTeam it would be good if the All Users / Other property could be filtered out from a pie chart report (this is my specific use case) and saved/added to a dashboard as a separate chart. This would enable viewing of % figures without All Users skewing the proportion of other cohorts.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@DavidH Thank you for getting back to me! I have gone ahead and logged a separate product gap in your behalf here, with our Engineering and Product Development team.

Make sure you are following the Idea - via the Follow button in the right hand column - to get emailed updates on its progress.

Mixpanel