SUBMITTED

Track devices screen sizes used by users

• 13 February 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi all,

It would be amazing to track the screen sizes of the users of our webapp using mixpanel. Right now I can only get the devices, but not the used screen sizes.

Thanks!

6 replies

Badge

Hey! Couldn't you use the device description to figure out the screen sizes? This could just be a separate data table and it shouldn't be too hard!

Badge

If the webapp was accessed from a desktop, then I believe you wouldn't be able to figure out the user's resolution/screen size. I think this would be really useful!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Daniil @patrickpan Screen height (the height of the device screen in pixels) and screen width (the width of the device screen in pixels) is collected on Javascript Mixpanel Default properties.

Is this what you were looking for? If this is not what you are envisioning, to get all the details of your use case, would you mind elaborating more on your Idea? We would appreciate as much detail as possible!

Userlevel 4
Badge

What is the fastest way to build a report that shows all screen width and heights that have been used in the past 30 days? I thought Insights, but could not easily figure it out.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@jyoung — when a property gets ingested as a numeric value, it gets automatically bucketed when viewing in Insights reports. To prevent them from bucketing, you can typecast them to a string so that your breakdown matches the following screenshot:

To typecast, when selecting your property from the dropdown, hover over the name, and you'll see a Typecast button. Click that and choose string. For detailed instructions on how to do this, check out this article

Hope this helps! 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you @cherise, I will try this ASAP & follow up. We really appreciate the good work you do here!!

Mixpanel