SHIPPED

session based funnels

• 5 October 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I particularly care about user conversions in the context of a single session, and not over the entire date range of a funnel. It would be awesome if instead I could be able to set a session parameter (like 30 mins with no activity) and a user would only count as a conversion if they made that action within the same session.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

YES PLEASE!

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Thank you for this great idea! I wanted to reach out and let you know that we are still working on this Idea, but I will keep you posted on our updates as it moves along.

Badge

Hey @landon_bartels, I'm not sure if this would solve my problem too, maybe someone knows the answer, but we have an instance in our sign up funnel, where users go from being unauthenticated, to being authenticated. And when that happens, we can't really see them once they become authenticated.

I think I might have asked something like this before, but would a session based (not a user based) session solve this problem, and is that what is in development?

You can see my sign up funnel here for an example, the third step is essentially the welcome screen once a user is logged in.

Badge

Are you using identify and alias after the user signs up? That might be your problem. The signup page is tracking users using an anonymously Identifer and the /home page could be tracking the authenticated user, maybe, using a different ID (like an internal user id), if you're calling Identify at this point

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@landon_bartels @victor @braddunn This idea has been shipped! Please take a look at our Tracking Session article here to learn more.