Sticky SHIPPED

Rich Media Push Notifications

• 19 February 2019
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Rich media pushes. Allow to integrate rich media like images or short videos inside push notifications from within mixpanel interface.

stephanie 2 months ago

@chriso @nflatedev @christielim @vipbrands @Vivek Agrawal @mayurdhurpate 

We have some good news, we shipped rich push notifications

Our rich push notification capabilities allow you to have much more flexibility in building push notifications, including adding images, buttons etc. as well as sending silent push notifications, setting visibility, privacy, priority, channels, badges, time to live and much much more. 

All your existing push notifications will continue to work exactly the same way and you’ll be able to continue sending them. However, to use the advanced functionality such as images, buttons etc., you will need to upgrade your SDK. 

Cheers!

View original

13 replies

Badge

This would be great!

Badge

Yes please! That would help us standout from all the other push notifications sent by other apps

Badge

Is it really too hard to add this feature to you? Why not offer this feature when you have this and more on all other tools? We don't want to stop using you, please improve this feature immediately.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@ChriSo @nflatedev @christielim @vipbrands Thank you all for sharing this feedback! We filed a product gap on your behalf with our Engineering and Product Development team. Make sure you are following this Idea - via the button in the upper right hand corner - to get emailed updates on its progress.

Badge

It'd also be good to support rich text / content in other types of messages, such as in-app. For example, including a link as clickable text instead of plain text.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @lonnie,

This sounds like a different idea from push notifications. I have gone ahead and submitted a separate idea on your behalf for In-App messages here https://community.mixpanel.com/idea/2087/be-able-to-send-in-apps-with-a-link.html .

We would love more detail on this. Please feel free to drop a comment on the Idea with more details!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@ChriSo @nflatedev @vipbrands - I'm the Product Manager for this feature at Mixpanel and I would like to speak to you about this to get more feedback. Any chance you'd be willing to speak to me about it?

[personal information removed by moderator]

@pranav Please let me know if this feature is coming anytime soon. I’d be happy to talk to you about new features. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Vivek Agrawal - can you reach out over email at pranav [dot] kashyap [at] mixpanel.com 

thanks! 

Pranav

Badge

Hi @pranav, thanks for working on this. We were planning to move from Firebase Cloud Messaging Coposer UI to Mixpanel, but this seems to be a blocker for us. Instead, the way Firebase team has made a intuitive interface for rich image notification along with option to add key value data payload is quite user friendly even for non-dev audience. Also unable to find documentation as to  how can I write my own custom implementation by sending FCM style ‘data messages’ and processing payload in the backend. We’re using Flutter, making things extra hard.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

We have some good news, we shipped rich push notifications

Our rich push notification capabilities allow you to have much more flexibility in building push notifications, including adding images, buttons etc. as well as sending silent push notifications, setting visibility, privacy, priority, channels, badges, time to live and much much more. 

All your existing push notifications will continue to work exactly the same way and you’ll be able to continue sending them. However, to use the advanced functionality such as images, buttons etc., you will need to upgrade your SDK. 

Cheers!

We have some good news, we shipped rich push notifications! 

Cheers!

This is indeed a very good news. Will it work fine in react native framework ? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Vivek Agrawal If you are using third party libraries, we cannot guarantee this. However, if you are asking about our React Native SDK that is in closed Beta, it will.

I would highly encourage you to comment on the existing React Native idea to get a product gap logged on your behalf, along with sharing the need of rich push notifications so this feedback is passed down to our team.