IN CONSIDERATION

Report that would show total amount EVENTS X unique user triggered in the same day after he/she did Start Free Trial

• 4 April 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge

Currently we are deep diving into engagement of our users. Since we are subscription based app and we offer a 7 days free trial to majority of user we are focusing on their first day after they have started the free trial and also to first 7 days of trial.

One of the questions that we came across is:

How many activities users do on their first day and in first 7 days after they start a free trial.

How I did this:

I was making a report for January and February 2019

1. I created cohort of users that started a free trial on 01/01/2019, 01/02/2019, 01/03/2019,... 02/29/2019. I’ve created 59 cohorts.

2. Then I tried to determine how many events (BSB_ExerciseDuration) every user activated. And this is how I did it.

So in this case I was looking for the total amount of events that users have activated on their first day of free trial.

BSB_ExerciseDuration = event that triggers when user starts the activity/game in our app

1.1. Monthly US = Cohort of users that started Free Trial on 1.1.

Time: Jan 1, 2019 = Since I was wondering how many activities users have done in their first day of trial.

Ios Devices= user property, every user have different one.

So when I was researching for users that started the free trial on the 15th of January query/report looked like this:

When I set up this report I’ve pressed export “Download CSV”, then copied only users that were in cohort and then pasted it in spreadsheet after that I combined all these reports together and with some excel magic I got the distribution how active are our users in the first day.

It was a very painful day at work since there was 59 exports needed to combine data just for on event.

So I would like to know if there is a feature or report that would help me with this kind of queries.

For example:

What is the total amount of EVENT X that unique user triggered in the SAME DAY after user STARTED A FREE TRIAL.

Result of a query would be:

AMOUNT OF EVENT X (in the same day as STARTED A FREE TRIAL EVENT)

AMOUNT OF EVENT X (in 7 days after user triggered STARTED A FREE TRIAL EVENT)

USER A

USER B

USER C

USER D

USER E

USER F

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Thank you for sharing your Idea.

We are constantly iterating on our features and making developments to address situations just like yours! Thank you for taking the time to write out specifically what you are working toward and how you have tried to accomplish it so far. I've submitted this as a product gap to our Engineering and Product Development team, and updated the status of this idea to 'In Consideration.'

In the meantime, I am curious if our Retention Report would be helpful to you. With this report you would be able to see users that triggered the Sign Up event, and came back to trigger the BSB_ExerciseDuration event. From there you can compare retention rates 1 day after sign-up to retention rates 7 days after signup.

Let me know what you think!

Mixpanel