SUBMITTED

Previous Period - Be able to change what that means

• 28 February 2020
  • 1 reply

Is there a way to set what previous period means.

To us it makes no sense at all to compare one day to yesterday. More reasonable comparison is to compare to same day of week last week or same day of week last month or same day of week last year. Today I can only get it to show in comparison to yesterday.

Meaning all my Dashboards say either 150% more than yesterday or being all red because it’s way lower than yesterday. We as a company have a trend which is greatly affected by day of week.

Any way to configure this or can I please request this as a feature, it cannot be only us that needs this.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @marcussjolin,

I am not quite sure if I am understanding your idea. Would you mind providing more details on what you are envisioning? Currently you can control what dates you are looking at in the Insights report and check for (previous day, week, month, and custom date range).

For example if I am interested in seeing the total count of all my events for Monday 4/13 of this week and comparing to last week Monday (4/6), I can make the date selector look for April 13th and then change the compare to past to look for last week. This will show me this Monday(4/13) and last weeks(4/6) Monday as well. Picture below to help see this. 

It is worth sharing that currently you cannot save the compare to past feature on your Insights reports to add on your Dashboard view, this is an ongoing idea here. If you would like to see support for this, please let me know and I would be happy to log a product gap on your behalf with our team!