IN REVIEW

insights : add a "right y axis" to the report's graph

• 4 November 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

we often want to show 2 metrics in the same graph (especially in dashboards):

1. how many files were opened?

2. what was the fail rate opening files?

right now we can't product such a card, because only metric #1 will be visible (metric #2 will be a % and hence much smaller) . to show the 2 metrics on the same timeline we need the ability to set one of them on "right y axis"

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi Victor,

Multiple axis reports sounds like a really interesting idea, thanks to adding it to the community!

One thing I wanted to point out as a potential work around for the time being, would be utilizing our logarithmic chart option.

For example, if I had a report depicting the total number of games played over time, but also wanted to see that on the same report as the rate of games played per app open, these would not be easily seen together given that one will be a large total and the other will be a smaller ratio. However, if I select the logarithmic visualization, I am able to see each of these metrics over time much easier. Check it out below!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@victor Thank you again for sharing this feedback, we greatly appreciate it! We filed a product gap on your behalf with our Engineering and Product Development team. Make sure you are following this Idea - via the button in the upper right hand corner - to get emailed updates on its progress.

I would also find having the ability to have a secondary Y axis incredibly useful (TBH, this should be a core feature considering how powerful the charting tool is). Have we made any progress on this?

Mixpanel