SUBMITTED

Email Analytics in Mixpanel

• 13 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge

I'm trying to bring in the analytics for my email campaigns into mixpanel. I use mailgun (but I assume it's similar with other providers), and get extensive analytics (opens, clicks, etc). I want to bring some of these events associate them with users in Mixpanel.

One idea is to use the webhooks on Mailgun to fire Lambda functions which will then post to Mixpanel (Seems a little convoluted for what seems like a pretty frequent usecase).

But is there a better way to do this? If not, a less cumbersome way to do this would be golden.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Aha, I also see this like top priority topic.

I hope they can get to it any time soon, because UTM tracking is not enough and I'm not sure if this can be something approachable to this theme. https://help.mixpanel.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004705866-Track-Hyperlink-Clicks-With-Mixpanel

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@arvindamirtaa @Laura We currently offer Mixpanel’s Message analytics. Message Analytics are designed to provide an at-a-glance view of how your campaigns are performing (Sent, Opened, Bounced, Unsubscribed) . To dig further into user behavior based on messages, you can always use Insights, Retention, or Funnels.

With this in mind, we are always trying to improve our products and would like to route your Idea to the right team. Would you mind sharing how Mailgun is different from what we currently offer or additional features you would like to see? We would appreciate as much detail as possible!