SHIPPED

Drag-and-Drop Email Builder Improvements

• 10 July 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge

After fooling around with the new feature for creating and sending email templates directly from Mixpanel we'd like to give some feedback and comment a few improvements that may be for the best of the new tool (actually, it's very useful):

- Template still changes depending on the receiver email server. Sometimes, even with weird characters.

- Sometimes it recognizes emojis and others, don't.

- Responsive images are shown bigger when email is received. It doesn't matter if you've fixed proportions before.

- A thing to improve is link tracking, this is essential for an email sending platform, all of the rest do, for example Mailchimp (very used in Europe). I guess it's something you already know.

I like the feature a lot, but it looks like it needs some improvements before it gets pro to send it to real clients.

Thanks for reading!

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi Laura,

Thank you for sharing this feedback! We filed a product gap on your behalf with our Engineering and Product Development team.

In addition, we're pleased to announce the launch of our new email link click tracking that allows you to track when users click one of the links in your email.

To use it, simply check the “Track link clicks” box at the bottom of the email builder. When your end users click on a link in your email, we track the event as “Message Link Clicked” and also track other aspects of the event, such as the URL and the UTM parameters. This option is not available in plaintext emails.

Best regards,

-Stephanie

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@Laura We see that one of your feed back was that the email builder could not recognize emojis or pictures. Could you share more details on where inside the email builder you have run into these issue? We would appreciate as much detail as possible!

Badge

Yes, thank you Stephanie, I've checked and tried it already 🙂 Great improvement, I'll be looking forward to see more of them.

Thanks!

This email builder is the shittiest one I have ever used, how can you ship something this shitty to clients to use.  Makes our company look so amateur.  “Yeah we are making your software but we can’t put together a decent looking email”.  And on top of that, I have to wait an hour to get any support.  Any other serious company would have chat support and phone call support.

If you want it to appear normal on mobile, then turn this shit off.