Dashboard - Insights Comparison Missing

• 31 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Frequent Participant
  • 17 replies

SUMMARY:
An Insight report that compares two months of a given event only shows the current month when saved to a Dashboard.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. I created a new Insight report, showing how many events occurred this month.
  2. I then chose to compare this month to the previous month.
  3. I save the report and add it to the dashboard.

EXPECTED RESULT:
I expect the report to show the comparison - two lines - one for this month, and a dotted line for the previous month.

ACTUAL RESULT:
The dashboard report only shows the current month, without the comparions data.

What do I need to do to make the comparisons appear on the dashboard also?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@chsweb

Thanks for the detailed explanation of what you are running into. This is a know product gap and I have moved your question into our Ideation space to log this feedback to our team. To further explain, currently saving an Insights report with the view of “compare to past” is not possible, because of this the view will not show up on your Dashboard card as well.

I have filed a product gap on your behalf with our Engineering and Product Development team. Please make sure you are subscribed to this Idea - via the Subscribe star button at the bottom of the post - to get emailed updates on its progress. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for the reply @stephanie.

What is the best way to provide comparison reports to the teams that need that report if it doesn’t work as I had hoped it would?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@chsweb workaround is to use the shortlink url feature (paperclip icon on the bottom right of the page). This makes the 'compare to past week' visualization persist and can be shared with other team members. 

I have the same need, we would like to see daily/hourly active users/orders comparing with previous day, and also in the email report too.