SHIPPED

Dashboard Improvement: Allow for descriptions on boards in the dashboard

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@cpellows FYI

Allow for descriptions on boards in the dashboard - I currently keep a dashboard directory in a google doc that includes the names of each dashboard, the boards in each dashboard, and a description of what each board is showing (with links to mixpanel). It would be great to be able to have this sort of directory in mixpanel. A list of all dashboards a description of whats in each one and then when you click in be able to add descriptions to each board that sit under the title

Allow for longer descriptions - I like to keep the dashboards organized and it would be nice to be able to have a longer more detailed description of each dashboard

@cherise_MixpanelTeam as requested I am submitting all items from @cpellows "dashboard improvements" idea as separate ideas. Please submit submit product gaps and whenever possible provide a status update. Thank you in advance.

stephanie 9 months ago

@lillianaz @kontriant @cpellows  Coming in with a an update on this, you can now add descriptions to your Dashboard report cards and in your Dashboard directory! 

To edit the description of the Dashboard Card, simply go to the report > click the edit pencil icon on report > fill out description > Description will transfer over to your Dashboard card. 

To edit your Dashboard description simply go to your Dashboard, click on the three dots drop on down on the top right hand side > and click Edit Dashboard. 

Cheers!

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@cpellows and @kontriant-

We submitted this as a product gap to our Engineering and Product Development team on your behalf.

Badge

@cherise_Mixpanel Team This is huge! What can we do to help move this up the priority list? This should be a low dev effort but really helpful for PMs who constantly using dashboards.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @lillianaz,

While we do not have a definite set timeline on when this feature will be released, it is still being considered for our product roadmap.

In the meantime - I have gone ahead logged a product gap on your behalf as well with our Engineering and Product Development team to add fuel to the Idea. Make sure you are following this Idea - via the Follow button in the right hand column - to get emailed updates on its progress.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@lillianaz @kontriant @cpellows  Coming in with a an update on this, you can now add descriptions to your Dashboard report cards and in your Dashboard directory! 

To edit the description of the Dashboard Card, simply go to the report > click the edit pencil icon on report > fill out description > Description will transfer over to your Dashboard card. 

To edit your Dashboard description simply go to your Dashboard, click on the three dots drop on down on the top right hand side > and click Edit Dashboard. 

Cheers!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

thank you @stephanie

It’s great to see that the team is building features based on user feedback. I’ve tested it, it works and I’ve already started using this. 

Mixpanel