IN REVIEW

Compare funnels side by side

• 12 September 2018
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have a bunch of similar funnels that I'd love to be able to compare to one another. Right now I have to open each in a separate tab, and can't see them all at the same time. If multiple funnels could be displayed in "side-by-side bar chart" format, that would make life much easier.

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @monica.erdmann- thanks for the idea!

This is something we are looking into to add to the roadmap. However, in the meantime, you can use our dashboards feature. By adding each of the funnels you are trying to compare side by side to the same dashboard, you will be able to view them on the same page. Hope this works in the meantime!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Just like cohorts can be compared in the "Flow" feature. Funnels should have the same capability.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@monica.erdmann @julio_cast Thank you for sharing this feedback! We filed a product gap on your behalf with our Engineering and Product Development team. Make sure you are following this Idea - via the button in the upper right hand corner - to get emailed updates on its progress.

Badge

I want to second this! Even the ability for breakdown in funnels to also create separate breakdown lines on the time-series graph right below the breakdown table would be amazing!

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@Ziming Thank you for sharing this feedback! We filed a product gap on your behalf as well with our Engineering and Product Development team. Please make sure you are following this Idea - via the button in the upper right hand corner - to get emailed updates on its progress.

Badge

Have there been any updates on this topic? I'm also curious how I can compare two funnels to measure the effect of a new step.

I know the Impact feature is now in open beta, and perhaps it can help me (still trying to figure it out a bit), but comparing a funnels side by side seems like a straightforward method as well.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @arshia93,

Thank you for sharing your interest on this Idea as well! Currently we do not have timeline set for when this feature will be release. However, I am happy to log a product gap on your behalf to add fire to the idea.

Just to make sure your use case is the same at the original idea, you would also want to be able to compare two (or more) different funnels in one view? For example compare A->B->C funnel and A-> B->C->D funnel side by side.

Upon confirmation I can go ahead and log your product gap with our team!

Badge

Sounds like the same idea I had in mind. Maybe even compare A->B->C to B->A->C . Different funnel set ups can increase/decrease conversions so we can intuitively view those side by side.

This is something I've been doing using A/B testing tools like Google Optimize, but it'd be cool if Mixpanel offered a way to view the data in my dashboard. Also, right now I'm using Impact with launch event being Loaded Page [new funnel step url] to see how it affected my Impact metric. Would be interested to hear if in the meantime this can be used for a similar use case?

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @arshia93,

Thanks for the confirmation! I have gone ahead and logged a product gap on your behalf as well with our product and engineering team. Please press the blue follow button on the right hand column to get updates on this Idea.

Regarding the work around, the best report would depend on the metrics you are interested in for your A/B test. For example, if you are interested in user conversion rates, then Funnels would be the best report to use for this. If you have made marketing efforts or product releases, the Impact report would be a better report to see user adoption.