We're a B2B company and work with hundreds of companies as our customers.
Mixpanel lets us track events for specific users at the companies but it's cumbersome to track things on a per-company basis.
For example, assume that we have 50 users from a company called "ACME Widgets Inc.". We would love to create "ACME Widgets Inc" as a company in Mixpanel so we can:
- track events for the company itself
- specify custom properties for the company
- add all users to the company for better grouping
- this can be manual (through web UI), through API, or through a domain filter (i.e., "all users whose email ends with @acmeinc.com).
- run reports and predictions on a company-level since the company is the buyer here
- send in-app messages to everyone at a company
All this is currently possible via Cohorts but it's cumbersome to manually create Cohorts for each new company that signs up with us. You can essentially think of this as "automated cohorts".
This will really help with our customer support, sales, and product management efforts.