IN BETA

Allow for Custom Event Properties

• 9 April 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

It would be able to create custom event properties from our events.

For instance we track the event property of device on all events (iphone, desktop, andriod, ipad, etc) it would be great to great a custom event property of mobile (boolean) = True (iphone, andriod), False (destop, ipad, etc.).

This would also be very helpful as we grow to understand user segments, so we can combine event properties and quickly manipulate our view of the data. We can not use cohorts for this because we want to know events that have properties associated with them not users who have these properties.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@cpellows -

Thank you for adding your Ideas in Community! We've logged this as a product gap on your behalf!

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @cpellows: I'm Moinak and I'm a Senior Product Manager at Mixpanel and I work on the Insights report, and would love to talk to you about this request. Would you be able to select a slot here that works for you?

I look forward to speaking with you!

Moinak

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@cpellows @moinakb

We also have a business need for this. Perhaps a slightly different example below.

Our management team wants to be able to review usage on a region rather than a country basis.

We have "Country" as an (Super) Event Property which stems from the country of the event sender, parsed from IP. I want to be able to create a custom event property "Region: EMEA" where I group all the EMEA countries together". I can then run usage on a region basis rather than a country basis. Or compare actions by region.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Super excited to see this in Beta!

Mixpanel