Solved

Trying to push historical data from Shopify to Mixpanel for LTV. Done before?

• 12 December 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge

We've been working on trying to get historical information from Shopify into Mixpanel to have a better picture of the LTV based on user behavior. The difficulty, from my understanding, is that the way Mixpanel tracks revenue is a transaction object, basically transforming Shopify data ready for Mixpanel to ingest.

Does anyone have any experience in doing this?

icon

Best answer by cherise 21 December 2018, 02:42

Hi @tanner,

Mixpanel tracks revenue using a people property called $transactions, which is a list containing formatted JSON objects. This formatting is required to make Lifetime Value calculations in the Revenue report.

That being said, the $transactions property can’t be used like regular properties in other reports, so we recommend tracking revenue in a secondary people property called “Lifetime Revenue” (or similar) that you can use for filtering.

We have a help center article here that may be useful in case you have not already seen it.

I hope this helps!

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @tanner,

Mixpanel tracks revenue using a people property called $transactions, which is a list containing formatted JSON objects. This formatting is required to make Lifetime Value calculations in the Revenue report.

That being said, the $transactions property can’t be used like regular properties in other reports, so we recommend tracking revenue in a secondary people property called “Lifetime Revenue” (or similar) that you can use for filtering.

We have a help center article here that may be useful in case you have not already seen it.

I hope this helps!