Solved

Track more than just Users

• 10 June 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge

I understand we can track Users on Mixpanel, but is there a way to track Team and assign specific data points to the teams?

Example: User A, B, and C belongs to Team A. Team A has a number of important data attributes such as `subscription_status`. We want to track this Team A on mixpanel and do targeted emailing to them as needed.

Link to documentation would be great :)

icon

Best answer by annecamacho 11 June 2019, 18:35

Hi @masudhossain! I believe their Group Analytics might be helpful for you (article here). There was also some information shared on Group Analytics on this Idea post. It looks like Group Analytics is only available on an Enterprise account and you will need to reach out to your CSM to enable this.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @masudhossain! I believe their Group Analytics might be helpful for you (article here). There was also some information shared on Group Analytics on this Idea post. It looks like Group Analytics is only available on an Enterprise account and you will need to reach out to your CSM to enable this.

Badge

@annecamacho

We're part of the enterprise plan so it's available to us. So it seems that we have to manually create these groups and there doesn't seem to be any API way to update the specific groups either?

I'm very surprised mixpanel doesn't have a better way to manage groups/teams since a large number of SAAS companies have teams.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @masudhossain, I am not too sure on the specific details on enabling Group Analytics. From reading the article, it sounds like your CSM or your Account manager will work with you to get this enabled and set up.