Solved

List of scripts to create and add events

• 13 March 2020
  • 2 replies

I am new to Mixpanel and a complete novice when technical jargon comes up! Let me try.
Currently, I am using this script to track page views on the website- “

<script>mixpanel.track("Page View");</script>

Can someone help me, guide me to a list of similar scripts that can help me track different activities a visitor may do on a website and I can include in the data? A comprehensive list would be a good option so that one may choose and apply what he feels relevant to his site.

Also, can some one help me understand what a Cohort is? (I ‘think’  I can see difference and purpose of Events and Properties but may be wrong).

icon

Best answer by stephanie 13 March 2020, 22:54

Hi @AnayM,

Maybe you have seen this but I wanted to share our Mixpanel Implementation course which goes in depth on how to plan and implement mixpanel on a website. Please note that this will require some technical knowledge being that website stacks are unique and work differently depending on how they are programmed. 

Also, a cohort is a group of users who have performed a particular group of events or share a common set of property values. As you mentioned, you can create a cohort based on the events and user profile properties you send to Mixpanel, and then use this cohort to do further analysis in reports or target the cohort of users in messages 🙂.

Lastly, I wanted to share where our training resources live if you ever want to refer to back to them.

Hope this helps! 

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @AnayM,

Maybe you have seen this but I wanted to share our Mixpanel Implementation course which goes in depth on how to plan and implement mixpanel on a website. Please note that this will require some technical knowledge being that website stacks are unique and work differently depending on how they are programmed. 

Also, a cohort is a group of users who have performed a particular group of events or share a common set of property values. As you mentioned, you can create a cohort based on the events and user profile properties you send to Mixpanel, and then use this cohort to do further analysis in reports or target the cohort of users in messages 🙂.

Lastly, I wanted to share where our training resources live if you ever want to refer to back to them.

Hope this helps! 

Thanks a lot, Stephanie! I will try these out and hope I can make something, if not everything, out this. :-)

Cohorts is rather a loooooong shot. :-) Maybe I’ll try that too, sometime later.