Solved

How to Create a Single-Number Retention Metric ?

• 15 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello Everyone,

i am struggling with the default representations of recurrent retention in mixpanel (Tabular/Graph). I am not sure how am i doing or what to optimize. that's why i want to create a single-number metric/KPI that will represent retention for my mobile application, this way i can focus on it and optimize it.

I was wondering about common retention metrics used in this context ?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

icon

Best answer by fatih 23 March 2019, 00:33

Hi Akramz,

I would recommend to identify your key actions first. What do you want your users to do when they come to your product? Then pick those actions (events) in the retention report to zoom-into the retention of your active users.

A period that is aligned with the expected repeat visit cycle should be picked in the report.
i.e. For a social media site, this can be daily, for an e-commerce site, this can be monthly.

Regardless of the period you pick for your primary retention report, always looking at the short-term (1-day, 7-day) will help you get immediate feedback as a leading indicator.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Akramz,

I would recommend to identify your key actions first. What do you want your users to do when they come to your product? Then pick those actions (events) in the retention report to zoom-into the retention of your active users.

A period that is aligned with the expected repeat visit cycle should be picked in the report.
i.e. For a social media site, this can be daily, for an e-commerce site, this can be monthly.

Regardless of the period you pick for your primary retention report, always looking at the short-term (1-day, 7-day) will help you get immediate feedback as a leading indicator.