Solved

Flows conversion window

• 19 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge

In the Flows Overview documentation it mentions

“Drop-off” represent users who did not do any events in the next step within the conversion window and therefore dropped out of the flow.

What is the default conversion window? Is this the same as the analysis date range? Can the conversion window be adjusted?

For some background, I am looking to analyze the precent of users who hit "event A" that will relatively quickly do "event B". If they do "event B" at a much later time, I want to consider that user to have droped out of the flow.

icon

Best answer by michael 21 February 2019, 01:11

Hi @jmartini, thanks for pointing this out. We are going to edit that resource to make the wording more clear.

At this time, Flows does not have a time to convert window like our Funnels report does. The way "Drop-off" in Flows should be understood are users that did not do any events in the next step within the time frame that you specified (e.g. last 30 days, previous day, etc) for the report.

For your specific question, it seems to me that a Funnel fits your use case much better. If you want the percentage of users that do "event A" and then do "event B" within a relatively quick window, I would make this a two step funnel, and edit the time to complete window to be small enough to suit your needs.

Hope this helps!

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @jmartini, thanks for pointing this out. We are going to edit that resource to make the wording more clear.

At this time, Flows does not have a time to convert window like our Funnels report does. The way "Drop-off" in Flows should be understood are users that did not do any events in the next step within the time frame that you specified (e.g. last 30 days, previous day, etc) for the report.

For your specific question, it seems to me that a Funnel fits your use case much better. If you want the percentage of users that do "event A" and then do "event B" within a relatively quick window, I would make this a two step funnel, and edit the time to complete window to be small enough to suit your needs.

Hope this helps!