MPKnowledgeDrop

Documenting Design with Mixpanel's Annotation Kit

• 19 February 2020
  • 0 replies
Documenting Design with Mixpanel's Annotation Kit

Every week, we will release tips to help you get the most out of Mixpanel. Want to see more? Click here to see other #mpknowledgedrop articles.

TPsDDEvn2AE5I_MwKeQ7mwvD3PkGit-u7Dyl4eu4bpt-EyxdH3CudpaM64U2qW-Kp1C4CQnLOr9qiPaTd_2-bHZzznY9O55snQ4RmIFCsmbcOAK2uutFvRnKCTKh9b23Iox5BdxG

Not much of a reader? I made a Loom video on How to use our Annotation Kit!

Documenting your designs can be painful, but it doesn’t have to be. That’s why we made Annotation Kit and distribute it to our design team by default. Once we could see it was a valuable kit for our team, we published it to Figma’s Community for others to duplicate and use as well.

Annotation Kit isn’t anything wild, it’s simply some quick and useful things you might need when designing a product. Sticky notes, a variety of arrows, some do and don’t example notes, and some annotation blocks so it’s easy to stick out and document your work.

I personally use it to leave notes to myself for stopping points, or when I toss in quick off the cuff documentation, as a reminder to do a good job later.

63GV7OE4lMmEtRtJnqDw69fbaL6KIkF03WOpTC0E8lv2jjbCVtn53SvaUUIoari4Kf0Zp6U0z5Pl8sPnG0igoItDnWrr0QNhd6NtiPCBtAciC6YDM_Zq9KyvRC2BC8K_HL23D6Ba

3KYghuEPXTHsMtYcdFCHpZB1y7feiDXmmUUuLLI9CGPXs380Jg1sqeK6SywtIKIOdYc3SKePGdXdzCQS-6Sran72O3DLBt4osyW1Nbw5IHFXog7Ft5BytxUjCqHuxe7HL4uXy2T_

Sometimes I use it as a makeshift kanban board for myself

TEmZVxCQukalSWNgEyW5qgjNsjs0b8ZrfrUfPsmAsvGr31PaXApmG-HkSFaXUghefOlEZnaefwIyI3kZuE-twmws3bvbB4-Hrw2CLiHuMvQhB-MLNsD0emLCt5Imw9YQKHzuPo9J

One of the easiest ways to imagine how you might be able to use Annotation Kit comes with the kit itself…

gn5Vt10stSls_sVFCfD3sBZAemru22XhieQ7K6Ry_5RiyNHOiRmloZdqGzPCSVdMFrrKhtxdzJ6AXwGi70Bxa3NA3H1_1NYz2dqmhzrrCDmuvvWRbxn8NGAwOP_yA8FVuaeF72MT

Check it out on Figma’s community page and try it out yourself!

Let us know in the comments below if you have any suggestions for other components we might be able to add to the Annotation Kit to make it even more useful.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!