Solved

Click vs View

• 25 February 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello awesome people, 
Um still new to mixpanel and tracking user behaviour in general.

So i have a basic question that i would like people to help me with

If we have a “Pay” button and a “Payment Action Sheet” that appears on clicking that “Pay” button.

Will it be redundant tracking both “Pay Button Clicked” & “ Payment Action sheet viewed ” ? Should we track just one of both events ? if so, which event to track? or its good to track both ?

Wish i can hear your replies soon.

ما هو أفضل؟  

هذه  
icon

Best answer by raja 27 February 2020, 00:00

It doesn’t hurt to track both especially on the MTU billing model. You can always just use whichever one, but having both might help you discover issues later on where clicks are not leading to views (perhaps a bug in the code crashing the view step, etc)

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

It doesn’t hurt to track both especially on the MTU billing model. You can always just use whichever one, but having both might help you discover issues later on where clicks are not leading to views (perhaps a bug in the code crashing the view step, etc)

As Raja Mentioned - Keep both! I’m assuming here that Sheet views is the metric that matters here, so if you’re having say, more placements of your Pay Button, you’ll then also be able to measure conversions and dropoffs if you have both these events, using Funnels on Mixpanel, which is great to track from UX POV, apart from being able to track bugs, etc.