Solved

Can I rename Events?

• 26 October 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I messed up the name of my event. What can I do to edit it?

icon

Best answer by kevin 10 December 2018, 22:59

Alternatively, you can use Lexicon under your "Data Management" section to re-name Events using the "Display Name" field. This also gives you added features in that you can also add event and property descriptions as well, which will show up in the core reports when building queries and reports.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

You cannot rename old events. The best thing you can do is create a "Custom Event" to include all variations of your event: https://help.mixpanel.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004519426-Change-Event-Name-Or-Property-Name

Userlevel 1
Badge

Alternatively, you can use Lexicon under your "Data Management" section to re-name Events using the "Display Name" field. This also gives you added features in that you can also add event and property descriptions as well, which will show up in the core reports when building queries and reports.

Badge

@kevin : Thank you for sharing the knowledge, but I am not able to find 'edit' display name under lexicon anywhere. Could please explain more.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@nithin:

You can update the Display Name or Description by hovering over and typing into the field. I've included a screenshot to highlight. Similarly, you can click into an Event and update the Display Name or Description for your properties as well.

Hope this helps!