Solved

Best First Step

• 13 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge

The company I am with is a bit old school in thinking and practice, but the willingness to change is beginning. I am trying to encourage a culture shift whereby we become data driven. What are some best first steps to achieve stickiness and adoption of Mix Panel with my executive team? I'm not having much luck figuring this out. Does anyone have a similar experience where they've successfully implemented new-aged, forward-thinking practices and tools amongst an old school mgmt. team?

icon

Best answer by xiak 13 February 2019, 16:57

@PowerPlate based on similar context, here's what I have seen work:

1. Create one or two champions in the executive team - ask the most open-minded leadership member to meet for coffee. Be interested in them first and about their career. You could even ask your question you posted to them and ask for how they have handled it in the past. If you can't meet in-person, then a direct message and asking for a quick mentorship call can work well.

2. Align the company's biggest problems and objectives to how Mixpanel can solve them. Ex: if increasing sales is a priority, then show how Mixpanel has proved existing customers to be successful.

3. Conduct some competitor research and see how data-driven they are and what tools they use. You could use tools like Siftery or even just get a demo from competitors so that you can ask them what tools they use to make sure their customers are successful.

Overall - aligning your suggestion of using Mixpanel with the executive team's priorities can be a good step forward. Feel free to share some of them if you're interested in further comment.

Hope this helps

View original

1 reply

Badge

@PowerPlate based on similar context, here's what I have seen work:

1. Create one or two champions in the executive team - ask the most open-minded leadership member to meet for coffee. Be interested in them first and about their career. You could even ask your question you posted to them and ask for how they have handled it in the past. If you can't meet in-person, then a direct message and asking for a quick mentorship call can work well.

2. Align the company's biggest problems and objectives to how Mixpanel can solve them. Ex: if increasing sales is a priority, then show how Mixpanel has proved existing customers to be successful.

3. Conduct some competitor research and see how data-driven they are and what tools they use. You could use tools like Siftery or even just get a demo from competitors so that you can ask them what tools they use to make sure their customers are successful.

Overall - aligning your suggestion of using Mixpanel with the executive team's priorities can be a good step forward. Feel free to share some of them if you're interested in further comment.

Hope this helps