1. General guidelines.
Mixpanel, Inc. (“Mixpanel”) provides the Mixpanel Community (“the Community”) to you as a place to share new product ideas, ask questions, plan your analytics strategy, find technical solutions, and learn how to use Mixpanel. While we want this to be a transparent community with free-flowing discussion, we do have some guidelines.
- ID yourself. When creating an account, please edit your profile to include your company, title, and a photo (if you can). Try to use your Mixpanel @business address so the Community can better identify you.
- Become a power user. Have the answer to someone’s question? Jump in and share your knowledge. There is no stigma in being a “know-it-all” here. In fact, we encourage it!
- One you, one account. Please create only one account per person. Don’t misrepresent yourself (e.g., lie about your identity, affiliations, or age). Don’t pretend to be someone that you’re not, or intentionally give misleading or false information.
- Keep it clean. Cursing, harassment, threatening language, violent content, nudity, and sexually explicit obscene material or the like are not permitted in the Community.
- SPAM. Do not spam — we have zero tolerance for it. Posted content should be related to sharing knowledge about Mixpanel. Don’t post irrelevant content.
- No selling. If it is relevant to the conversation, you are free to share information about products and services that you love. However, do not use the Community to prospect or link out to your website for commercial or promotional purposes or for political campaigning.
- Ownership. Do not post content that you do not have the right to publish.
Do not post other people's personal information, such as phone numbers, private email addresses, physical addresses, credit card numbers, Social Security/National Identity numbers, or passwords. Your use of the Community is subject to Mixpanel’s Privacy Statement.
- No bullying, harassment, or trolling. We do not tolerate bullying, harassment, or trolling. This means any habitual badgering, or intimidation targeted at a specific person or group of people or trying to get a rise out of someone for the sake of it.
- No hate speech. Don’t post any content that demeans, defames, or promotes discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual identity or orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status.
2. What happens if someone breaks the rules?
- What are cookies? Cookies are small text files we send to individuals’ computers when they visit the Community. Like nearly all websites, cookies make the Community site work more efficiently and effectively and help us improve the website, the relevance of our marketing activities, and your experience while using the Community. Some of the cookies we use may provide us with information about you. The text in a cookie often consists of a string of numbers and letters that uniquely identifies your computer, but it can contain other information as well.
- Cookie setting. You choose which cookies you want to allow. If you have an account you can adjust your choice in your profile settings. If you do not have an account, you can change your cookie settings by deleting them via the internet options of your browser and visiting the Community again. You will then be asked to choose your settings again. There are 3 settings: Basic, Normal and Complete.
- Basic: Functional
- Normal: Functional + analytics
- Complete: Functional + analytics + social media + embedded videos
- Basic: Functional
4. Copyright infringement.
5. Legal notices.
By posting content to the Community, you grant Mixpanel any license necessary, including any sublicense rights, to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content in connection with the Community or Mixpanel’s legitimate business purposes.
The majority of the content in the Community is user-generated. Such third-party content is the sole responsibility of the person originating the content. The Community does not control and is not responsible for this third-party material. Mixpanel and its suppliers will not be liable or responsible in any way for any content on the Community, including, but not limited to, any accuracy, reliability, usefulness, or errors or omissions in any content, nor will they be liable for any losses or damages of any kind, including indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages.
Login to the community
Login with Mixpanel Account
Enter your username or e-mail address. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password.