Solved

'Your Properties' values getting truncated

• 1 November 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge
  • Frequent Contributor
  • 5 replies

I've output to Mixpanel, under "your properties," a value that is apparently too long for Mixpanel to display, so it gets cut off with ... I tried expanding the Your Properties tab to see if it would display the entirety of the value, but it does not. Is there a way to get Mixpanel to stop truncating properties? Can we increase the character limit or something?

icon

Best answer by willyv 1 November 2019, 17:55

@Elton I have run into this limitation before as well. I was reading one of their help articles (How to Name Your Mixpanel Data) and there is a limit on property names and values.

The article shares that property names and values cannot be longer than 255 characters and that property names get cut off by the UI at about 20 characters. I've had to make a few adjustments with my values but in the long run it has not been to bad. It also makes sense since it might not be a good practice to have such long names

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Elton I have run into this limitation before as well. I was reading one of their help articles (How to Name Your Mixpanel Data) and there is a limit on property names and values.

The article shares that property names and values cannot be longer than 255 characters and that property names get cut off by the UI at about 20 characters. I've had to make a few adjustments with my values but in the long run it has not been to bad. It also makes sense since it might not be a good practice to have such long names

Badge

Thank you @willyv! This is a helpful article on naming conventions, and I will try to adjust my values to be shorter.

Mixpanel