Solved

Where to find additional property sending with a call on "mixpanel.people.track_charge()"?

• 18 August 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I track revenue using “mixpanel.people.track_charge()” as below.  But I can’t find where to look for additional properties that are included in the call. 

mixpanel.people.track_charge(PAID_AMOUNT, {'$time': ‘SOME_DATE’, 'other property': ‘SOME_PROPERTY’});

icon

Best answer by cherise 28 August 2020, 23:46

@noom - 

The track charge method is specifically for the Mixpanel revenue report. If you are using this method we typically recommend that you send a normal track event at the same time. This way you can utilize the Revenue report, but have your data available in the Insights report as well.  Additionally, you would be able to send additional properties since  

mixpanel.people.track_charge(50);
 and 
mixpanel.people.increment('Lifetime Revenue', 50); 

only support the numeric values for that specific property. 

I also answered your message here, which may be helpful for anyone with a similar question! 

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@noom - 

The track charge method is specifically for the Mixpanel revenue report. If you are using this method we typically recommend that you send a normal track event at the same time. This way you can utilize the Revenue report, but have your data available in the Insights report as well.  Additionally, you would be able to send additional properties since  

mixpanel.people.track_charge(50);
 and 
mixpanel.people.increment('Lifetime Revenue', 50); 

only support the numeric values for that specific property. 

I also answered your message here, which may be helpful for anyone with a similar question! 

Mixpanel