Solved

what is "$web_event" ?

• 13 February 2020
  • 1 reply

I notice that an undefined mixpanel event `"event": "$web_event"` keep being sent when clicking randomly at any where in my web app. It can not be found in live view. What is this event? Does it cost? and how to disable it?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by stephanie 14 February 2020, 00:16

Hi @huongtrinh.eh,

The event $web_event is an Autotrack event.  If you have Autotrack enabled in your project, these events will be collected automatically and the events will count towards your data quota.  

If you would like to delete these events, you can do so via Lexicon (Instructions on how to search for autotrack events in lexicon here). If you would like to completely stop all use of Autotrack in your project, you can do so by turning off your Autotrack collection in your project settings (instructions here). Please note that if you do decided to stop all use, you will no longer have access to the events collected by Autotrack.

Lastly, I want to share that as of December 15th, 2019 Mixpanel is retiring support for this feature, please read more on this decision in our blog post. 

I hope this helps!

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @huongtrinh.eh,

The event $web_event is an Autotrack event.  If you have Autotrack enabled in your project, these events will be collected automatically and the events will count towards your data quota.  

If you would like to delete these events, you can do so via Lexicon (Instructions on how to search for autotrack events in lexicon here). If you would like to completely stop all use of Autotrack in your project, you can do so by turning off your Autotrack collection in your project settings (instructions here). Please note that if you do decided to stop all use, you will no longer have access to the events collected by Autotrack.

Lastly, I want to share that as of December 15th, 2019 Mixpanel is retiring support for this feature, please read more on this decision in our blog post. 

I hope this helps!