Solved

We are not able to track user profiles

• 30 September 2021
  • 3 replies

My team is using Moengage, I love Mixpanel, I have used it in my previous Org. I pursued to switch over Mixpanel, & started development. As we are on paid subscription on Moengage, my team wanted to first do a POC if Mixpanel is helpful then only they said they’ll switch to paid plan. 

But my developers got stuck on particular issue. No matter what they do, User properties are not showing up. User Profiles are missing, now this I raised with Mixpanel, but they redirected me to docs as we are using freemium, I tried other developers but still the bug was not fixable, after trying to get it fix hopelessly I dropped off the project, All i needed was one tech spoc from Mixpanel, but was not able to get of one. 

icon

Best answer by naitik.soni 30 September 2021, 08:13

View original

3 replies

Badge +1

Hi @SanchitSafeGold, to set profile properties, you would need to call mixpanel.people.set() method.

If you are already calling that, could you check the profile properties by selecting that user from the “Users” tab or from “Events” tab.

You should see your profile properties in the bottom left side along with default user properties. 

You can also go to Lexicons from the top menu and select User profile properties and filter your properties and see the ones that have been set by you

Hi @SanchitSafeGold, to set profile properties, you would need to call mixpanel.people.set() method.

If you are already calling that, could you check the profile properties by selecting that user from the “Users” tab or from “Events” tab.

You should see your profile properties in the bottom left side along with default user properties. 

You can also go to Lexicons from the top menu and select User profile properties and filter your properties and see the ones that have been set by you

We did all that still no properties, infact we debugged even in our code base, values assigned to the properties are flowing in mixpanel, still user properties are shown undefined.

Badge +1

@SanchitSafeGold , the profile properties would not be a part of the events and hence it would not be visible in Events.

They would be at the left bottom in the profile section (see attached image)

I also see that in one of the your screenshots there are custom profile properties, Consolidated Gold Balance (gms) and Current Gold Balance (gms) listed.