Question

User data being displayed intermittently

Badge

I'm finding that when I look at the user data, it isn't always up to date. For example, I know that someone has signed up, but when I look in Mixpanel, they are not there. Sometimes it takes a day or so for them to show up.

Does anyone else have the same issue?

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @gigitsang -

Thank you for writing into Community. I can confirm that we were experiencing /engage latency during this time. When delays happen, rest assured that Mixpanel will continue to track your data even if there is a delay in the UI.

If you continue to experience delays that are over a day or so, please post a comment so that we can re-open this question.

-Cherise

Badge

Hi @cherise,

This is definitely still happening and there is data missing. I can see there is a user who signed up on 29/3/2019 and they are not displayed as a user in Mixpanel.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @gigitsang -

I re-opened your question, thank you for letting us know.

In order to look into this further, can you supply the following details?

- How are you tracking your users? Is there a specific call to action that triggers the track call? Which SDK are you using?

- How have you implemented identity management? It is important to consider whether the sign-up event was tracked at all. If you can confirm whether or not the action was tracked, you can then determine if the event was assigned to a different profile due to an implementation error. (ie. Was the event aliased to a different profile? Was a people.set() call triggered to create a profile?) One way to confirm this is to query your signup event in Insights, and break it down by username or email to see if the event was tracked.

It is also important to note that ad blockers and browser privacy settings can affect Mixpanel client-side tracking.

Badge

Okay I think that it is related to ad blocking as it seems to be only one user who is not displayed. All other users are tracked accurately. I'll keep an eye on it and then see if there are more occurrences.