Question

Thinkific - tracking User ID problem

• 10 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are trying to use Mixpanel to track the clients activities of using our Thinkific platform.

All now we did is copied the Mixpanel token to our Thinkific account and it started to record the clients activities, everythings are well except - we have tried to login to our Thinkific as a client by using IOS mobile, but Mixpanel can’t shows the User ID under the Live View section. (But when we tried to login by Desktop of Andriod mobile, it shows). Any solution can tackle this problem? Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hello @KL Workshop  by user id you mean email of user? if yes you can use email property.
if not can you share screenshot of what you are seeing at your end?

Thanks

Hello @KL Workshop  by user id you mean email of user? if yes you can use email property.
if not can you share screenshot of what you are seeing at your end?

Thanks

Thanks for reply. As capture in the picture, when I tried to use iphone to login, I can only see the distinct ID but not the User ID. Any setting I need to do to fix this problem? Other devices such as android mobiles/ desktop works properly.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

can you open that profile and see if you see user id there? with merge id, mixpanel shows merged user profiles separately on live view.

note: i am assuming you have logged in to the platform from your iphone. 

can you open that profile and see if you see user id there? with merge id, mixpanel shows merged user profiles separately on live view.

note: i am assuming you have logged in to the platform from your iphone. 

I opened the profile but no user ID is shown (and Yes, I have logged in from my device.)

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

thanks for the screenshots.

From the profile image it seem that the identify call is not being called, no user properties. Not sure why that is the case. But here is a workaround to solve it.

Basically, you will have to trigger the identification call using thinkfic’s callback function. here are the details
https://support.thinkific.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030725813-Track-Additional-Events-in-Mixpanel-Using-Event-Hooks

So you would trigger the mixpanel.identify when the user id is available in data object using one of the available function.

Let me know if you need more details/help as this is a bit technical and you may need your developer involved.

Mixpanel