Solved

Restrictions in Text for custom alerts.

• 6 June 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I recently went to add a custom event where the Alert Name had exclamation points in it and it told me the name was invalid but not why. Could someone provide a list of acceptable symbols/ numbers/ text for custom alerts.

Also, if !!!!! are not allowed you should add them because it makes the alerts more exciting when it is a positive increase.

icon

Best answer by james 8 June 2019, 01:13

Hey @cpellows! Can you clarify were you are trying to create this alert name that does not accept `!` in it? I have been able to create custom alert in Funnels and Insights with the name that contains an `!` in it.
Maybe you are referring to custom events...? If so, I have also checked this and I was able to create a custom event with a `!` in the name. Hopefully with more information, I can help!

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey @cpellows! Can you clarify were you are trying to create this alert name that does not accept `!` in it? I have been able to create custom alert in Funnels and Insights with the name that contains an `!` in it.
Maybe you are referring to custom events...? If so, I have also checked this and I was able to create a custom event with a `!` in the name. Hopefully with more information, I can help!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I am sorry it is now working and I cannot replicate. Must have been a wonky thing on my end