Question

'Last Seen' filter seems to exclude users active within last 24 hours

• 15 April 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge
  • New Participant
  • 0 replies

I have a report that I've been running for a year or so now and it includes a 'Lase Seen within the last 30 days' filter. I ran it last week and today and the numbers were noticeably lower than normal. After some digging it appears that any user seen within the last 24 hours is not pulling into the report, possibly due to the value being in hours/seconds vs days. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Lane@outfieldapp.com, I am assuming this is in the Explore report and you are filtering by the "Last Seen" people property? If so, I was also confused on what "Last Seen" people property was showing and thought it was a bug too at one point! However, after reading their docs, I was able to get a clearer view on what it was actually being shown to me.

The "Last Seen" property is a default property collected by Mixpanel, and the definition of it is "The last time a People property was set or updated". Which means that "Last Seen" will only be updated every time a user's people profile is updated (and not when an event is fired).

I used this article Last Seen to help me to get a deeper explanation of the definition of "Last Seen" and it provided an explanation for how to go about setting a property that will track the last time a user was active! 🙂