Question

Integrating Hubspot data from website to mixpanel & cross platform tracking

• 23 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hello,

Backstory: I want to track across platform (i.e. website and app). When users sign up on my app, a user profile is created. For the website, there’s no sign up/log in feature; it’ll be a simple website to browse through.

Issues:

1. How would I perform cross platform tracking between my website and app? I only want to track users who signed up on our app and then navigate to our website and track the clicks there
  2. Is it possible to grab data from hubspot (i.e. website origin from their cookie) and send an event to mixpanel with the origin as a property?
  3. Is it possible to only track events on the website for users who sign up on the app? In other words, I don’t want to track all visitors on my website, and only track the users who sign up on the app AND THEN navigate to our website. 

Thank you!

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

This sounds quite complex so let’s try to simplify it. 

1. When you say app, do you mean a mobile app or a web app? 
  2. If you have a mobile app where a user signs up, what will they visit your website for? 
  3. You can grab data from HubSpot and send to Mixpanel -- do you use Segment/an alternative or do you have a data warehouse?

Mixpanel