Solved

Installing into SquareSapce

• 2 March 2020
  • 5 replies

The code I've been told to inject into my header includes several "&&" which Squarespace is not reading properly… What am I doing wrong? 

This is what I’m being told to copy and paste:

And this is the result:

icon

Best answer by stephanie 6 March 2020, 21:34

@DembyTheDJMike  Thanks for sharing, I can see that the library has been installed. Can you share where you are calling mixpanel.track()? The reason I ask this is because in order to get events sent to Mixpanel, you will also need to call mixpanel.track() in addition to loading the library in the header. 

After looking at squares space documentation, it looks like you can add custom code blocks to target specific areas in your website. 

I am not familiar with squares space but as a testing step to see if it is working,  you might be able to call something like this in the footer injection code section. 

<script> mixpanel.track("Viewed Website");</script> 

Then load your page and see if this sends an event to Mixpanel via the live view report.  

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @DembyTheDJMike,

Taking a  look at your screenshot, it looks like you removed the script tags from the snippet​: 

?name=Screen+Shot+2020-03-02+at+12.45.15+PM.png​As a first step, I'd recommend adding those back in per the instructions on Squarespace's code injection article

I made the changed and it looks like the code was set up correctly, but unfortunately, Mixpanel is not receiving any data. 

I have followed the installation guide completely.

Not including any events or additional code rather than the installation code. 

The code is injected into the top of the header.

What am I missing?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@DembyTheDJMike Happy to take a deeper look!

Can you share how your Mixpanel code looks like now with the modifications in your Square space injection ? -  library header code and body code for calling Mixpanel.track() event.

Also, if you can share your website link, that would help out as well! 

www.djdemby.com

<!-- start Mixpanel --><script type="text/javascript">(function(c,a){if(!a.__SV){var b=window;try{var d,m,j,k=b.location,f=k.hash;d=function(a,b){return(m=a.match(RegExp(b+"=([^&]*)")))?m[1]:null};f&&d(f,"state")&&(j=JSON.parse(decodeURIComponent(d(f,"state"))),"mpeditor"===j.action&&(b.sessionStorage.setItem("_mpcehash",f),history.replaceState(j.desiredHash||"",c.title,k.pathname+k.search)))}catch(n){}var l,h;window.mixpanel=a;a._i=[];a.init=function(b,d,g){function c(b,i){var a=i.split(".");2==a.length&&(b=b[a[0]],i=a[1]);b[i]=function(){b.push([i].concat(Array.prototype.slice.call(arguments,
0)))}}var e=a;"undefined"!==typeof g?e=a[g]=[]:g="mixpanel";e.people=e.people||[];e.toString=function(b){var a="mixpanel";"mixpanel"!==g&&(a+="."+g);b||(a+=" (stub)");return a};e.people.toString=function(){return e.toString(1)+".people (stub)"};l="disable time_event track track_pageview track_links track_forms track_with_groups add_group set_group remove_group register register_once alias unregister identify name_tag set_config reset opt_in_tracking opt_out_tracking has_opted_in_tracking has_opted_out_tracking clear_opt_in_out_tracking people.set people.set_once people.unset people.increment people.append people.union people.track_charge people.clear_charges people.delete_user people.remove".split(" ");
for(h=0;h<l.length;h++)c(e,l[h]);var f="set set_once union unset remove delete".split(" ");e.get_group=function(){function a(c){b[c]=function(){call2_args=arguments;call2=[c].concat(Array.prototype.slice.call(call2_args,0));e.push([d,call2])}}for(var b={},d=["get_group"].concat(Array.prototype.slice.call(arguments,0)),c=0;c<f.length;c++)a(f[c]);return b};a._i.push([b,d,g])};a.__SV=1.2;b=c.createElement("script");b.type="text/javascript";b.async=!0;b.src="undefined"!==typeof MIXPANEL_CUSTOM_LIB_URL?
MIXPANEL_CUSTOM_LIB_URL:"file:"===c.location.protocol&&"//cdn4.mxpnl.com/libs/mixpanel-2-latest.min.js".match(/^\/\//)?"https://cdn4.mxpnl.com/libs/mixpanel-2-latest.min.js":"//cdn4.mxpnl.com/libs/mixpanel-2-latest.min.js";d=c.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];d.parentNode.insertBefore(b,d)}})(document,window.mixpanel||[]);
  mixpanel.init("---------------------")</script><!-- end Mixpanel -->

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@DembyTheDJMike  Thanks for sharing, I can see that the library has been installed. Can you share where you are calling mixpanel.track()? The reason I ask this is because in order to get events sent to Mixpanel, you will also need to call mixpanel.track() in addition to loading the library in the header. 

After looking at squares space documentation, it looks like you can add custom code blocks to target specific areas in your website. 

I am not familiar with squares space but as a testing step to see if it is working,  you might be able to call something like this in the footer injection code section. 

<script> mixpanel.track("Viewed Website");</script> 

Then load your page and see if this sends an event to Mixpanel via the live view report.