Solved

How do we update the names for group properties within the Lexicon?

• 30 October 2020
  • 4 replies

I’m new to Mixpanel so I’m sorry in advance if this is a simple question. We are using group analytics within Mixpanel. We’ve been working through the Lexicon to make the user and event properties easier for others on the team to read. Unfortunately, we can’t figure out where in the Lexicon we can update the “Display Name” for group properties. Can someone point us to where we can do that? Thanks a ton.

icon

Best answer by cherise 2 November 2020, 23:19

@jgoldford —

Ah, thank you for clarifying! 

Right now Lexicon does not support group analytics, but it’s certainly something we would like to do in the future. 

That said, if you want to change your event name, you can use Custom Events to link the data between the two event names in a report.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@jgoldford —

Please don’t apologize for any question! Even the simplest question asked in this forum will help the next person find the answer, quicker. 

To update the display name for Group Analytics, first go to the settings gear in the upper right corner, and click on PROJECT settings for the project you are in. 

From there, stay in the OVERVIEW tab but scroll down until you see GROUP KEYs — from there you can edit the name!

Thanks Cherise and sorry my question wasn’t clear. We’re trying to figure out how to edit the properties within the group analytics, not the single key we’re using. For example, our organization builds websites for nonprofits and we’re grouping based on each client website. For each site, we’re capturing properties like “free_trial”, “plan”, etc. Right now those all show up using the property name passed in the code. We’d love to know where to edit those in the Lexicon so they are more readable, such as changing “free_trial” to display as “Free Trial”.

Thanks again for the help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@jgoldford —

Ah, thank you for clarifying! 

Right now Lexicon does not support group analytics, but it’s certainly something we would like to do in the future. 

That said, if you want to change your event name, you can use Custom Events to link the data between the two event names in a report.

Got it. Thanks a lot for letting me know Cherise. Hopefully that’s something you all will implement in the future.