Something I am finding a little weird, is funnel data seems to show very different numbers to just looking at the event in insights.
Let me give you this example.
if I take an event called Email Delivered, over 2 days, and view it in insights, it says 8 events have been triggered.
Next, when I build a funnel to show that event in some steps, in our case, the event flow is
1. Sent email
2. Delivered email
3. Openend email
4. Filled in form.
I actually see no data presented over those dates?
But if I compare some of the events in Insights, there they are, low and behold.
- I've tried editing the funnel to be both unique and total, - same result
- The time period of the funnel is 30 days. So even if people don't complete the last step, the time period between sent and delivered is minutes anyway, so this shouldn't be a problem.
- I can't imagine it's a delay. The data all comes from segment, and i've waited a few days just to be sure...
Not sure what the issue might be here?
Best answer by Peishan
This is a common question - i.e. why does the funnel total count in step 1 not look like the total in Insights for the same period of time, e.g. 30 days.
The answer depends not on that 30 day window you’re looking at, but at the conversion window. Here’s an example:
Users are counted in Totals each time they enter the funnel after:
- The conversion window runs out
- They complete the funnel
- Or they are excluded by an exclusion step
Hope that clarifies your question. You can find more documentation about funnel calculations here: https://help.mixpanel.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004561926