Question

Event called twice each time with same insert id

• 19 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Trying to implement analytics in server side rendered app in client side , everything is working fine . But in the live view for each event called on navigation two event called called but with same insert id . 

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hey @sourabhbgp —

Events that can be deduplicated must have all of the following fields the same:  $insert_id,  distinct_id,  name

I followed up with our engineering team and they let me know that event deduplication can happen within a five day period. You can read here in our documentation that events deduplicate if they have the same $insert_id and are ingested during the same 24-hour period. For example, if “Event 1” and “Event 2” have an identical $insert_id and have timestamps that occur during the same 24-hour period, then Mixpanel drops “Event 2”.

Is this still something that you are noticing with your implementation?

hello @cherise ,

deduplication process not working, there are two events have same ($insert_id,  distinct_id,  name.)

and no one is deleted after 24 hours according to documentation

https://developer.mixpanel.com/reference/events#track-and-deduplicate-event

please advice 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @peter is it still not deleting after 24hour for you?

Having the same problem here using Import API.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @joaovbalmeida --

Just seeing this. I think there might be some misunderstanding on Cherise’s answer based on some of the replies above. It can take up to 5 days for events to de-dupe. Can you confirm that the events never de-duped? If so, I will ensure that eng looks into it.

Thanks!

Mixpanel