Solved

Duplicate / Repeated Tracking Events

Badge

This bug report is similar to https://community.mixpanel.com/questions/1516/tracked-events-are-shown-repeated-in-the-live-view.html, except my events are not de-duplicated on mixpanel's side—they show up double-counted in the insights view as well.

The events in question are two specific events in my client-side app—the rest of the tracking events are fine. I've verified that the codepath is executed exactly one time, though, so unless I goofed somewhere non-obvious, I don't think the problem is my implementation.

The events are identical in every way except for "processing time" and "insert id"

I'm using `mixpanel-browser@2.27.1`.

and the insights view for the current day showing that these events are double-counted against the other events, which are accurately tracked.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Matt

icon

Best answer by frank-bryant 3 May 2019, 23:50

Hi @shrugs! It sounds like the events you mentioned are sending in twice. Being that "processing time" and "insert id" are different numbers and they are counted twice in your Insights report, I am getting a hunch that the events are loading twice on your application when you are calling these events.... To see what is happening, can you share how your are calling the events "Ticket Redeem" and "Ticket Redemption Attempt" in your code base?

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @shrugs! It sounds like the events you mentioned are sending in twice. Being that "processing time" and "insert id" are different numbers and they are counted twice in your Insights report, I am getting a hunch that the events are loading twice on your application when you are calling these events.... To see what is happening, can you share how your are calling the events "Ticket Redeem" and "Ticket Redemption Attempt" in your code base?

Badge

@frank_bryant thanks for your request — before posting the code online I took an even closer look and found the duplicate — I'd left the original tracking call pre-refactor in the original place

thanks for your post!

Userlevel 1
Badge

@shrugs glad to hear you caught it!

Mixpanel