Solved

Discrepancies in actual leads generated vs leads tracked in Mixpanel

• 9 January 2019
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hi everyone,

We have a conversion event set up to track leads on button clicks. We have the conversion event showing as being tracked correctly, though only a fraction of the actual leads we are generating on our site are actually being tracked within analytics in Mixpanel.

Anyone know what might be causing this?

icon

Best answer by ivanmuniz 22 September 2020, 11:11

View original

7 replies

Badge

Anyone? :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @connorgp,

Could you please specify a bit more the case and the question?

Thanks

Badge

@IvanMuniz Hey sorry, I did not see your reply earlier. We have our mixpanel code installed on the site, and we have a conversion event to fire on button clicks of a form we are using for lead gen. When we take the actual number of leads we have generated with the form (we have these in a database and can count the exact number of leads we received in a specific period), and compare it with the number of button click conversion events that are tracked with Mixpanel -- we have two different numbers.

Mixpanel's button click conversion events are tracking significantly less conversions. Does this make sense?

Badge

Hey guys, my team is also facing the same issue. 

@ivanmuniz @connorgp did you manage to fix this please? If yes, how please?

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hey, it seems that, or they are capturing leads through other part of the site, or there is a issue that is adding leads to de DDBB by mistake (another user action for instance). If you guys have tested the trigger on QA and it works, what I´m saying could be probable. I´d test again than button, with all identity cases (logged, not logged, same account - two devices) an see what happens. And of course I´d review your DDBB looking for “wrong doors”.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Server side vs client side. Everyone has this issue which are adblockers or any chrome extension that blocks tracking. I have 20% of my lead not showing up on mixpanel. To resolve it, I started to track client and server-side rendering

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Thank you for chiming in @ivanmuniz & @robin !