Solved

Dashboard TITLE not synchronized when changed

• 13 December 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi Mixpanel Community,

When editing the title of a chart saved in a specific dashboard and clicking on "Save" right of the title field, the title of this chart is NOT corrected in the dashboard UI

- even after updating the dashboard page

- even if the title displayed on the dashboard has never been edited before from the dashboard itself...

I have thus to edit chart titles 2 times: first in chart detail, then on the dashboard 😕

Could you please correct this bug?

Thx

icon

Best answer by cherise 21 December 2018, 23:29

Hi @Sophie,

Our product team made the decision to keep the 'saving mechanism' for report and dashboard names separate so that reports can be used in multiple dashboards without having to keep the same header.

This also enables users to add a colleagues report to their dashboard without altering the original report, and prevents someone from editing the name of their report and accidentally changing multiple dashboards if the report was used elsewhere.

I hope this helps!

-Cherise

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @Sophie,

Our product team made the decision to keep the 'saving mechanism' for report and dashboard names separate so that reports can be used in multiple dashboards without having to keep the same header.

This also enables users to add a colleagues report to their dashboard without altering the original report, and prevents someone from editing the name of their report and accidentally changing multiple dashboards if the report was used elsewhere.

I hope this helps!

-Cherise

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

To piggyback off of @cherise, the rationale behind this being intended behavior is that dashboards are often more heavily customized for different purposes than individual reports- and we don't want edits to a saved report to unexpectedly impact a dashboard that often ends up being more of a deliverable.

-Michael