Solved

Can't see my android users

Hey all,

We just implemented MixPanel into our android app. we see the events perfectly on the LiveData, and in the insights and all, but no user profiles are created, in our”Explore” we don’t see any users (well, we see one from our testing iOS app...)

any ideas? 

icon

Best answer by stephanie 5 May 2020, 00:08

Hi @guy.takeonestep,

Can you share how you are storing user profiles in your Android app? The reason I ask is because in order to create user profiles in Android, you have to call mixpanel.getPeople().set("PROPERTY", "VALUE"); . Typically this is called when a user log-into your application and is identifiable. 

Example code on how user profiles are created in Java:

MixpanelAPI mixpanel =
MixpanelAPI.getInstance(context, e1655bf900e99202da4652ee3eb4312d);

// identify must be called before
// user profile properties can be set
mixpanel.getPeople().identify("13793");

// Sets user 13793's "Plan" attribute to "Premium"
mixpanel.getPeople().set("Plan", "Premium");

You can read more on creating user profiles here in our Developer documentation. Let me know if this helps!

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @guy.takeonestep,

Can you share how you are storing user profiles in your Android app? The reason I ask is because in order to create user profiles in Android, you have to call mixpanel.getPeople().set("PROPERTY", "VALUE"); . Typically this is called when a user log-into your application and is identifiable. 

Example code on how user profiles are created in Java:

MixpanelAPI mixpanel =
MixpanelAPI.getInstance(context, e1655bf900e99202da4652ee3eb4312d);

// identify must be called before
// user profile properties can be set
mixpanel.getPeople().identify("13793");

// Sets user 13793's "Plan" attribute to "Premium"
mixpanel.getPeople().set("Plan", "Premium");

You can read more on creating user profiles here in our Developer documentation. Let me know if this helps!

That fixed it, thank you!