Solved

C++ (Unity) Disabling default properties

• 18 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

I'm using the c++ system stripped from the Unity integration to interface with Mixpanel. I've noticed that there are several locale properties (city, country, region) that I'm having trouble finding their assignment in code.

These could be problematic legally for us to track, or we don't want to waste the bandwidth on properties that we don't find useful. Can these be disabled either via configuration settings in c++ or the project/user settings?

icon

Best answer by cherise 29 March 2019, 00:22

@strubhj -

It sounds like you are noticing the Mixpanel default properties in your project - the full list is linked here.

Properties do not count against any event quota that you have for your plan, but you would certainly want to design your tracking to be compliant for your users. We have several data security and privacy articles to guide you on your implementation and enable your users to opt out of tracking.

To stop tracking location properties, you can set ip=0 or false, as described in this article.

I hope this helps!

-Cherise

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@strubhj -

It sounds like you are noticing the Mixpanel default properties in your project - the full list is linked here.

Properties do not count against any event quota that you have for your plan, but you would certainly want to design your tracking to be compliant for your users. We have several data security and privacy articles to guide you on your implementation and enable your users to opt out of tracking.

To stop tracking location properties, you can set ip=0 or false, as described in this article.

I hope this helps!

-Cherise