Specifically, I'm looking for ideas for our website sign-up process, following through with post sign-ups and completing the journey with product set up.
I've found that a good onboarding experience leaves the customer feeling good about your product and capable enough to start using it. With that here's an idea for a flow from sign-up to product setup:
1) User signs up via your registration page
2) Upon registering, log the user into the app and direct them to a page within your app with training content. This could be a set of videos, but should also have something for the user to read. Some users like videos, some like to read...I'd recommend accommodating both.
3) For areas of your product that may be complex, when the user first lands on the page, give the user a tour. There are a few libraries out there, I've found joyride to work well.
4) Send user email upon registration to thank them for signing up and if possible, allow customer to schedule a slot on your calendar for a personal walk through / deep dive of the product.
5) Assuming you have a trial period for your product, during that time it would be a good idea to keep up with how the user is experiencing your product. Mixpanel is a great tool for that. I've also found inspectlet to be very beneficial, specifically the session videos (make sure to set context so you know who your users are).
6) Towards the end of trial follow up with an email or through intercom (another tool I'd suggest to use for customer support) and let the user know their trial will be expiring in x-number of days.
7) Hopefully your customer converts and signs up at this point. From here on out, I find that continued monitoring of mixpanel, inspectlet and other analytics tools can help spot bugs and workflow issues before they make too many customers angry.
Hope that gives you some ideas. Best of luck with your product journey!
On July 24th, Mixpanel is hosting a webinar with PatientPing— a Community VIP and one of our most creative and skilled customers —who use Mixpanel in a variety of ways to engage and delight their users.
Want to tune-in? RSVP Now!
DAU as a percent of sign-ups 1 Answer