I have started implementing People Properties for our application and we are using it to track users interaction with our application
We have identified properties which are as following:
1. last_login -> we set this property on each login by using mixpanel.people.set()
2. first_login -> we set this property on each login by using mixpanel.people.set_once()
3. total_login -> we are setting this property by using mixpanel.people.increment()
4. versions_used -> we are setting this property by using mixpanel.people.union()
1. Does increment() and union() work if the property does not exist, i.e., if total_login does not exist calling increment on total)login create that property and initialize its value to 1 in mixpanel ?
2. If the above does not work, what will be the best approach. We have to remember that we cannot call set() with a value everytime as it will wipe out the previous data for that profile. ?
I may have understood the API wrong so will be open to all suggestions about the implementation